Friday, September 18, 2009

Marky Mark

by Barb

I made a Moon Flower! I've tried for several years, and this year the seeds worked. I was able to take this photo in the morning before the sun stole these blooms away.




To wrap up my week, I'm revisiting Monday. It was a busy and fun quilt day. I belong to a bee group, The Cupcake Club, with my friends Jill, Susan and Mary (gone but not forgotten!). We meet once a month for quilting, game playing, fabric swapping, eating and most of all laughing.

We used to meet at Mary's, which was centrally located, but this time we met on Jill's porch. How beautiful is this setting:


Jill's friend, Andrea, joined us with a needle punch project.





Jill took this lovely photo of my newly completed quilt; Sumptuous Stars.


After dinner we headed to the first meeting of the Garden State Quilts Guild. The guest speaker was our friend, Mark Lipinski. Mark was a member of our guild before he became the rising star that he is today. His lecture was part trunk show, part stand up comedy. He can tell a story like no other on the lecture circuit.


Here is a quilt made with Mark's fabrics.


His look was one of amazement and wonder.


Behind Mark is the raffle quilt, Indigo and Snow, that was designed by The Cupcake Club. We made block kits for members to piece, then assembled it and added the borders. Mary did beautiful job quilting it on her long arm.

Here are some of the other quilts that Mark shared with us. Sorry the photos are so dark, it was near the back of the room.




Tomorrow I'm off to the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza XVI, near Philly. I'm taking a bus trip with my friends of the Brownstone Quilters. I'll share photos next week.

Happy Friday!


2 comments:

Janet said...

Wow on the show and tell and thanks for sharing. I love the name of your club and the indigo quilt is gorgeous.

Crispy said...

I love the moon flower, I've never seen one before...very pretty.

Your star quilt is beautiful!! What fun to have a trunk show with Mark, something I would love to do some day :0)

Crispy